SDG are suppliers of essential products for every stage of construction with over 30 years expertise. We work with manufacturers, contractors, engineers and designers supplying essential components that improve safety, enhance quality and drive efficiency at every stage of construction.
At SDG we are visionaries and trusted suppliers, and experts in construction solutions. We are planners, collaborators and designers, fixers, thinkers and expert problem solvers. We’re an end-to-end construction project partner, bespoke and best in class. By working closely with our customers; by adding value at every stage; by doing everything they expect and so much more, we share their success and become stronger, together.
Due to ambitious growth plans we now have a position for a Junior Buyer to join our Procurement team. this position will support the Supply Chain Manager. This role is Ideally suited to an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with great attention to detail to ensure specifications are being met.
- To manage and maintain min/max stock levels on all products in agreement with supply chain manager, meeting customer orders and sales team forecasts
- To identify slow moving or non-moving stock and implement a strategy to resolve any issues with the supply chain manager and sales.
- To carry out daily purchasing functions, order placement, due dates input, chase order confirmations, delivery dates and POD’s for direct deliveries.
- Ensuring all financial administration is completed accurately and on time.
- To ensure the supply chain manager and sales are kept informed of any delays on agreed delivery dates or issues with regards to availability of standard products.
- To ensure all pre requisite orders are processed and administration documentation recorded on the system.
- To arrange transport for inbound purchases including all relevant import documentation.
- To create and maintain a list of alternative supplier options for each of the standard products on stock.
- To actively research sourcing products from lowest cost suppliers/regions
- To optimise carriage costs and delivery times for all purchased products
- To manage a Supplier Quality Rating system (On Time, In Full, Quality, Invoiced)
- 1-2 years experience within a buying department ideally as purchase assistant / purchase administrator.
- Experience in warehouse management solution HQ warehouse will be highly regarded.
- Strong numeracy skills
- Qualifications- Bachelor Degree, Third Level Qualification
- Highly analytical as you will be required to analyse volumes of data and sales figures
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Ability to recognise future trends
To apply please forward your CV via email to [email protected]
Closing date: Friday 18th June 2021